My Fashion Icon: Thelma Hall Cobb






Hey guys it's me Alexis Breanne again and this is my third blog post! I'm very excited for you guys to read about this because it's about my grandma, my inspiration for fashion. My grandmother, Thelma Hall Cobb passed away on July 24, 2012 and while looking through old family pictures I came across a couple that explained some of her fashion design, styling, and the reason why she is the biggest fashion icon in my eyes. In the pics above they all picture my grandma at different stages in her life, in fact she designed and made her own wedding dress! Her eye for detail and accessorizing is amazing to me. She frequently wore headdress accessories and you could always catch her with some crazy earrings on! Overall I would say my grandmother's signature look was skirts and dresses (that cut right above the knee for a little sassiness ;) , bangles, and a turban to bring the look together.

I hope you all enjoy the pictures :)

R.I.P Thelma Hall Cobb 06/01/38-07/24/12

She's left behind a lot of pieces for me to inherit and interpret in my own way so be on the lookout in upcoming posts!

Alexis Breanne
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Hello everyone! My name is Alexis Breanne Simmons and I am a 19 year old college student at Wake Forest University. I am passionate about fashion in every sense but I love photography and styling the most! I created this blog at the suggestion of my friend Trey in order to display some of my work that I do along my journey! I appreciate the views, comments, and any advice that you may have. I am always open to new ways to better myself so send messages or email me at my personal email: abreanne11@gmail.com. I'm excited for you all to see what I come up with! Alexis Breanne xoxo

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin